Tuesday 8 July 2008

Memories till 1966.


Chandigarh Railway Station of India
"Though centuries may crumble into dust, and years may fly like shadows, 
Thou memory will remain fresh, like morning dew in my mind." 

People entering in one compartment when train stops at Chandigarh Railway Station
Life is really, very, very short to live. It is a concise journey. The train journey is also concise. One has to live. There are no alternatives. One can cry or enjoy or take it as it comes. I am trying to achieve my aim, which is impossible. I get, which I never expect. Some unknown power is governing our lives. We are only medium or intermediation, by which unknown power complete its wishes. 
Chandigarh Railway Station
My mother was uneducated. She was truthful. She was always worried about me. Being the only son, she did not want that I learn bad habits. My sisters were older than me. I learned from my sister's mistakes. My father or mother never scolded me. I still remember that my mother woke us, and she also used to sit near us. It does not mean that only my mother used to be awake, but my father also used to get up in the morning hours so that children can get up and study. 

My mother used to say, " get up from the bed, stand up and go to the corner of the room and take a book in your hand and study" She used to warn me that do not misunderstand that you are the only son. You may get more love and affection" Earlier in India, sons used to get more additional food or better behavior from parents in comparison to girls. So I used to get more attention so that I do not learn bad habits. 
Chandigarh Railway Station
My mother used to worship a lot while worshiping her soul used to see other souls. I still remember that once I was playing near my home with one boy and two girls. My mother called me and scolded me. She did not allow me to play with girls. I may be around 8-9 years old. My mother has never shown love for me. She used to love me but did not want to show her love. She was afraid that I may not become a bad man. This all indicates that my mother was prudent to bring me up.

I am grateful to her. But, unfortunately, I picked up more of her habits. I enjoyed the love of my sisters. My eldest sister's name is Kushal, and my elder sister's name is Jugal. Kushal married V.N. Mohan, and Jugal married C.P. Bali. I passed my high school in the first division, got a national merit scholarship, and got the first division in Intermediate. My teachers were Sita Ram Shashtri and Brij Bhushan from nearby villages like Rohana and Beheri Village. I did my Bachelor of Science from D.A.V. College Muzaffar Nagar. My teachers were Prem Prakash Tayal, S.N.Gaur, Bhatnagar. 

I stayed with my uncle Shri Mohinder Sain. These two years were the first two years when I was away from my parents. During this period, I learned a lot. I learned so many things from my Aunt. I learned the nature of firm determination, frankness to say clearly your point of view. I worked hard in Bsc Part (I) but did not get a good % final examination. In Bsc Part ( II ) or final year, I got good marks in exams and got admission to Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh. 
Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh 
Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh 
Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh 
In the first year in PEC, I started knowing Sat Pal Choudhry and Naresh Chand Jain. We were roommates in the hostel of PEC. Ambrish and Raj Kumar were both good singers. In the first year, I tried to help everyone. Due to my father and family, I could develop a good relationship with the business magnets of Chandigarh. Mr. Amarnath Mohan and Mr. Bagai helped me. I used to meet them very often as they had an excellent influence in Chandigarh. 
Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh 
I developed my relationship with Doctors studying in MD at Post Graduate Institute ( PGI ). I developed contacts and helped others with these contacts. I spent money and time developing my contacts and wanted to serve others in my free time. Dr. Vasudevan, Dr. Vadhwa, Dr. Kamal Nain, Dr. Rikhi, Dr. Kataria, and Dr. Gupta. All loved and helped me like brothers. So I remained active in my first year of engineering and tried to help others with whatever money or time. Let me write that it does not mean that I did not study. These were my extracurricular activities. I never gossiped. So 1966 passed away. Years passed by. I miss my friends. I wish them all the best.

No comments: